Treatise on Midwestern Living

Monday, January 18, 2010

i love birthdays

it has been a wonderful birthday weekend....

friday


first, i had my work lunch with my lovely fellow PDs
at my favorite bar on mass ave, especially
in the winter...
b-day lunch: scotch eggs, tuna sandwich,
and massive onion rings
peppered with wonderful conversation
and great friends


then, lph took me to dinner at a wonderful
little italian joint, iaria's
iaria's is a nice family joint with one
of the best atmosphere's ever.
b-day dinner: BREAD!, salad, minestrone,
and spinach ravioli with 2 meatballs.
(picture from here)

saturday

i got myself pampered with a hair cut (finally!)!
i went to a new salon, orange moon.
they gave me a shoulder massage and a mini
facial before my haircut
the people there were awesomely lovely
and i have healthy hair again.
score!


aftewards, i met aj at bourbon street for a bloody mary
and he procured for me a picture i've wanted in there
for 6 years!! it is a painting of downtown indy
back in the day when women wore huge gowns
and everyone used the horse and buggy for transportation


then i moved on to BW3s for wings and football with
mr. scott laham & company.
others filtered in throughout the day
and of course i got a present from mr. pierre garcon...
COLTS WON!!!
so now we have the AFC championship game next week
couldn't be more excited....

sunday

woke up early to pamper myself a bit...
then met the parents for lunch at qdoba!! yumm-o!

after that, i got to spend some quality time with my
old best friend from my childhood.
the children's museum had a bad ass barbie exhibit....

then, we had dinner with the parents and came home
for movie night. apparently it was time for us to a pick
a bad one...do NOT see "beyond a reasonable doubt."
hideous.

monday

we had lunch at the cheesecake factory with the parents.
and i have a piece of red velvet cheesecake
for dinner tonight.

we're currently having a movie marathon...

basically, i ate my way to my 27th birthday :)
guess i'll be hitting the gym this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home