Treatise on Midwestern Living

Monday, May 12, 2008

Ode to How I Survived Finals

i promise one day i will have a conversation that is not peppered with law school, the law, the bar, or legalese...however, sadly (for you) that day is not today.

i just find it appropriate to give a shout out to the music list that kept me going through finals. i seriously listened to this list on repeat for approximately 3 weeks. some would get bored, but not I, soldier. so here it is, in all its glory.

"The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson
1) MJ always reminds me of LPH who always makes me happy, 2) who doesn't love MJ, and 3) it has made me want to dance since "Center Stage." in fact, without fail, i will always do this certain dance w/ my shoulders when this song comes on.

"Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac
I think we can all figure out that I needed someone to tell me not to stop studying. and typing. and calculating John and Mary's gross income.

"I Want You Back" by the Jackson Five
Again, I love MJ, and this is some MJ at his best. When I was in 5th grade I actually choreographed a dance to this song. For myself.

"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
This is my Uncle Doug's favorite karaoke song so it of course reminds me of good times dancing with my people. I blasted this at 6:30 a.m. the morning of my tax final and then skipped to school. All 25 blocks.

"Here for the Party" by Gretchen Wilson
Some might not want to admit this song describes them just a little bit. But it does...

"A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson
We all have our weak spots. And Kelly Clarkson is one of mine.

"My Prerogative" by Britney Spears
This would be another weak spot of mine. But seriously, she is amazing. She will reappear on this list, I can promise you that.

"Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson
Free Willy, anyone? I actually got caught rockin' out to this one in the library. I kept going though.

"Don't Phunk with My Heart" by the Black Eyed Peas
"girl, you know you got me got me; with your pistol you shot me shot me." OK. bad lyrics galore. but my oh my keeps my little fingers a typin!

"Check on It" by Beyonce
Good girls gotta get down with the gangstas.

"Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls
This was my song that got me through 2nd year, 1st semester finals. It was really a throwback. (ok and I still love the song...)

"L.O.V.E." by Ashlee Simpson
As I write these out, I realize my strong love for pop music. Apparently, I am a 25 year old teeny bopper.

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood
Homegirls got some pipes. And I like when she makes fun of the girl for not being able to shoot whiskey. Weakling.

"Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera
Christina is my all-time favorite to pump me out and keep me going....

"Touchdown Turnaround" by HelloGoodbye
HelloGoodbye got me through 2nd semester 2nd year. So for sentimental sake, I threw this upbeat song on. Plus, you can get maximum bounce in the chairs w/ this beat.

"Sugar, We're going Down Down" by Fall Out Boy
I hate Fall Out Boy. But I love this song. It causes me much turmoil.

"Don't Turn Off the Lights" by Enrique Iglesias
Always listened to it senior year prior to going out on the town....and has never left my "get pumped up" list since. Although sometimes when I try to turn on and off the lights, I feel I might have a seizure. Plus, the kids at the library don't like it....losers.

"Gimme More" by Britney Spears
Told you she'd come back....she is just too great to only have one song of....

"La Vie Boheme" from the RENT soundtrack
This is one of my favorite songs on this soundtrack. And after about 10 years of listening to this cd, I finally know all the words....and sing them at the top of my lungs whenever possible :)

"Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis
I owe my knowing of this song to one of my dear friends, Ashley. But seriously, it was my finals anthem this semester. I listened to it on repeat and would dance around my apartment by myself. I have no shame.

"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera
Sorry, but how can you have a mix that is trying to keep you going without "Fighter?" It would be a sin against nature.

"Number One" by John Legend
This got me through first year finals.....


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home