Treatise on Midwestern Living

Sunday, May 18, 2008

domestic goodness

when i was growing up i never thought i'd want to learn to cook. this partially stemmed from my huge tomboyness and disdain for all things "girl." yet, as i am sure happens with most girls, you start to get the domestic "itch."

last year, when i was having a particularly bad week, the best mom in the world (mine) surprised me with a subscription to rachel ray's magazine (love her). over the summer, the boy and i tried to cook meals from the magazine or other recipe books once a week. and at the gym, you can usually find me watching the food network on the treadmill (b/c that makes sense...).

i started to design my dream green kitchen in my head last semester while i was bored in admin law class. for graduation, my mom purchased me my own cute little green tea pot (which i will not drink green tea out of...yuck). it looks so cute in the little apartment.... now i just need someone to purchase me my green kitchen aid mixer...any takers?

p.s. if you look closely enough in my teapot picture, you will see my favorite gift from my alaskan "brother" mandy. it has a lumberjack on it to remind me of a very special breakfast which led mandy to coin the best word ever: "fantasty."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home