Treatise on Midwestern Living

Monday, May 19, 2008

Indiana Jones is My Type of Man

1) I find someecards.com to deliver some of the best entertainment and online e-cards in the entire world. i find them entirely inappropriate, which means of course I find them hilarious. goodness.

2) this someecard did not let me down. hilarious. it also goes along w/ my mood that is excited for the new indiana jones movie to come out. i think harrison ford was probably my third crush in my lifetime, a crush that has never dwindled, after watching these movies. the crush only increased when he was in the fugitive. my first crush was george clooney (and that one hasn't disappeared either) as the loveable neighbor boy from "the facts of life." my second crush will not be named, but i will give you several hints such as a couple of years ago he went on an anti-semitic tirade. further, he recently let ms. britney spears spend some time at his costa rican hideaway. if you can't guess from those clues, well i'm glad you can block those things out.

i think though if you look at that pattern of crushes (and then look at the majority of the men i've had crushes after) i really have a thing for manly men, with a penchant for danger, who are rather cocky individuals. the sensitive types just didn't really do it for me from the age of 5 until 15 and then 22 to now. of course there is a 7 year gap. you can fill those in with crushes of men, such as rider strong, river phoenix, ethan hawke, dave pirner, etc. these are the "in-touch with their emotions" kind of guy who want to read you poetry. yuck. we call those the "lost years." all those manly crushes i missed out on....

and if you're still confused about the type of guy i like, i will put it in sex and the city terms (since i am currently attempting to watch the whole series prior to seeing the movie so i think in sex and the city terms). i'm a "mr. big" type of girl, not an "aiden" type. yum yum!

Mr. Big: You know, I don't live here anymore and the Plaza won't check you in until 1.
Carrie: Oh, you wanna come up?
Mr. Big: Abso-fucking-lutely.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home