Treatise on Midwestern Living

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

triple toe loop


for those of you living under a rock, (or that just find reality television to be acid for the brain...shame) my idol, my hero, ms. kristi yamaguchi won dancing with the starts last night!!!

when i was younger, i was OBSESSED w/ figure skating which of course meant i was obsessed with ms. yamaguchi. i watched her skate in EVERYTHING that i possibly could, including those cheesy disney skating events she participated in when she went professional. i stood right there in my living room cheering for her when she won the gold. and she introduced me to bjork when she did an amazing routine to "it's oh so quiet." in fact, this milk ad was on my wall until i graduated high school in the section entitled "wall of champions," (right next to a picture of one of my favorite lawyers in town....nerd alert!!).

but yes. i love kristi yamaguchi. even more than i love the 1996 olympic gold medal U.S. gymnastics team...which is a story for a different day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home