Treatise on Midwestern Living

Friday, May 30, 2008

alienating friends and enemies

This is my brief apology if for the next two months I tend to either update sporadically or completely bore you with mundane details, such as who recently won dancing with the stars. Above you will see a sampling of my life (a mere sampling to save those souls who were smart enough not to attend law school). This is what we refer to as bar review. Unfortunately, this term does not refer to soon-to-be attorneys sampling out which bars in the city where they can act like rainmakers, commiserate with other disgruntled lawyers, or find bars to hide from your clients. No no...this refers instead to the bar examiners version of torture (as if the past 3 years weren't hell enough..)

The funny thing (hardy har har) about bar review is it is held at my school. A school I just graduated from. A school which I still have to go to daily for 4 hours a day. Isn't the humor just overwhelming?

And for those of you who don't believe me or think i'm just whining, please take this quote from wikipedia which says: "Bar review is considered by many to be one of the most stressful and unpleasant experiences which a law student faces before becoming a lawyer." And we all know wikipedia doesn't lie.

sidenote: my friend actually updated the wikipedia page for "the wedding planner." yes, the movie with jennifer lopez that you can frequently catch on TBS (which leads me to a quick tangent that I think she has some sort of awesome contract with that channel b/c they always play her movies...go j.lo). one day he was watching the movie (allegedly he is straight) and he didn't feel like watching the end so he looked it up on wikipedia. apparently, the page wasn't to his liking so he redid it. my favorite sentence is "Mary and Steve spend a wonderful evening in the park, watching an old movie, dancing, and nearly kissing before being interrupted by an untimely rainshower." again, allegedly straight.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home