Treatise on Midwestern Living

Sunday, June 22, 2008

fighter


i would absolutely love to run away right now. i'm honestly stressed and feel overwhelmed. this bar exam is like being thrown into a kitchen with over a thousand ingredients and being told to create a masterpiece meal. where does one begin to conquer the task? where do you start? i sit down with my books and my laptop and attempt to study every day. i always feel like i should be doing more. that i'm not doing well enough on my practice exams. and that i don't know where to start the next day. so basically, i want to run away.

the brother todd told me that i'm not a runner, i'm a fighter. which automatically made me think of my favorite christina aguilera song, "fighter." first, you must understand that i make no apologies for my love of pop music or my love of christina aguilera. homegirl can belt it out and i love her. second, this song is on a mix cd i made that has been on repeat in my car and whenever it comes on i dance and sing and just love it. my cute politico who thinks we should all run for office of some sort one day actually says if i ever do run for office, this would be my theme song because its true, i'm a fighter.

so with two of the people that i am closest in my life telling me in some way or another that i'm a fighter, i guess my grand idea to run away is not going to happen. because they're right. so it's time to go fight this bastard of a test...i'm going to start with my fresh fighting attitude tomorrow (don't worry still studying for a good couple hours tonight) and fight this off in baby steps...

"ode to the board of law examiners" with lyrics by christina aguilera
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home