Treatise on Midwestern Living

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

it's the little things


my life has officially become boring because of silly bar review. i work, go to class, eat, sleep, etc. and that is about it. i actually look forward to planning my meals, cooking them, and eating them. and by cook i mostly mean microwave because sadly it saves me lots of time. but i have thrown together a quesadilla once or twice.

last night after i got done with a marathon day of learning and was kicked out of the library (mark that my life has become boring and nerdy) i walked over to lolo's apartment and started to complain about the plight that is this summer. he is absolutely fantastic with me on this because he suffered through it last summer so i very rarely am allowed to complain. he usually tells me i only have to do this for a couple of more weeks, it is the end to a very long, painful journey, that i have the intelligence to pass the damn test, and the time i spend complaining is time i could spend studying and to just get it done. which is good because it gets me motivated, back on track, and back to the books. i like when people tell me not to complain because there really is no valid reason for me to do so. i have been blessed with an absolutely great life. i chose to go to law school and want this for myself so this is just one more obstacle to get that dream. so a kick in the ass to remind me of that is something i usually allow and supremely welcome.

but last night instead of telling me to just study for another hour, lo lo let me enjoy summer and we walked down to south bend chocolate factory, got two ice cream cones, and set on monument circle and just people watched. it was exactly what i needed...delightful.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home