Treatise on Midwestern Living

Monday, June 9, 2008

a post just for spina rooney

while i was home this past weekend, i had to force myself to get some studying done and finish editing my law review note. so of course i was looking for anything to distract me. about 15 minutes after i sat down at my desk, i started digging through the drawers to see what fun i could find. first, i found my favorite card game ever, phase 10. i used to play it for hours when i was in high school at this little diner that served the world's best biscuits and gravy. this is also the location my affinity for black coffee started (some is brewing for me right now :) ). so of course, i laid them all out to ensure i had a full deck. i was missing a blue 7...but have no fear, i had 2 decks of phase 10 so i stole one from that deck to make a whole deck in which to play this delightful game all summer long...

then i came upon this: This, my friends, is a collage christina made for me. we were doubles partners in high school and of course laughed just as much as we played. for example, one day we played an entire match pretending christina was a foreign exchange student from london. this is also the fated day of "bo" which i will not go into (to protect the "innocent") but damn...it is a good story. you will see christina memorialized this day with the word "bo" on the collage. funny funny girl.

anyways, i posted this purely for christina's enjoyment. i hope it makes you laugh like it made me laugh. then i told logan several stories when i showed it to him last night; needless to say, he thinks we're funny too. and that i haven't changed from high school...weird.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • While I feel that Tina is pretty, smart and funny, I've always thought since we met that the one word on that describes her above anything else is "hard-core"... its nice to see that she's stayed true to herself after all these years...

    Since she and I play a lot of tennis these days I'm assuming I can look forward to one of these babies myself soon...

    By Blogger Matt T., At June 9, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home