Treatise on Midwestern Living

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

bar maid? yes!


for those of you who don't know me, i am extremely proud of my german heritage. what is not to love...brauts, beer, a beautiful (and super clean!) country, and kraut. in fact, when i was younger, my dream wedding was to take place in the german countryside (preferably near some running water...) now that dream has passed, but i still love germany. when i visited 2 summers ago, my friend said he had never seen me be so happy as when i stepped off the train (which, by the way, immediately when i stepped into munich some friendly (drunk) german man offered me a free beer. it was as if my country knew i was coming...) needless to say, the 3 days i spent in munich were filled with great food, great beer, and one of the best times i had in europe....

so today, to distract myself from studying, i decided to peruse the internet for more german fun things i can purchase. i already own an "everyone loves a german girl" t shirt (which is in its last days...) and my favorite irish couple recently purchased a shirt for me that says "made in america with german parts." but today i found the piece missing from my german wardrobe, the piece de resistance if you must (and yes, i think its funny to use french, a country germany likes to fight with over and over again, in my german post). ok, not really, but it is hilarious and i do think i should own it...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home