Treatise on Midwestern Living

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

torts...


ever since my first year i've hated the subject torts. first semester, i was sailing along with a great gpa til my 4 credit hour torts grade came in...and i was none too surprised. because this is one subject that my brain just doesn't get. (please see the picture in the bottom right corner for my first year torts teacher...he was on jeopardy!!)

then, my 2nd year of law school, i decided i would take products liability from my favorite teacher. guess what? the man who can teach me anything couldn't teach me torts...

then the summer after my 2nd year, i did the unthinkable. i went and worked for a firm that specialized in torts...HA! i actually learned amazing things there. it turns out once i apply it to real life situations, i can actually apply torts...so after this, my outlook on torts was revived. i now liked torts. (mind you i didn't go so far as to say i loved torts...but i liked them)

then along came the bar....and balance has returned to my world. i hate torts again.

so off i go with my big book of love and coffee to at least manifest some knowledge of this dreadful subject....

p.s. i do like the dessert torts :) yummy!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Ooh. Mine was contracts- hated the class, hated the instructor, hated the studying. Good luck on the bar exam. Take a deep breath and it will all be ok, I promise. Then, the minute it's over, take yourself out to celebrate. Or pass out from exhaustion, whatever works for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home