Treatise on Midwestern Living

Saturday, July 12, 2008

an open letter to jessica simpson

Dear Jessica Simpson,

While I am not ashamed to admit that at times I do enjoy your fashion designs (hello, i loved the "princy" jeans a la my last name), I am mighty confused about this beach cover up you have designed that appears to be modeled after a dress shirt.

I realize that your life allows for a uniform of wearing t-shirts proclaiming that real women should be carnivores (AMEN, SISTA!) and so you may find it "fun" or "sexy" to wear a dress shirt as a cover up. But let me tell you, us women that have to have real jobs and wear professional attire every day do not appreciate designs where our beach cover ups are modeled after our monkey suits. Especially when you want us to pay $98.00 for something we have at least 10 of hanging in our closet which we paid a fraction of the price for...

I must give this two large thumbs down, unless however you are using your blond ambition and trying to promote that more people should have meetings, interviews, or even full blown trials by the pool. Then, bravo...bravo to your forward thinking.

Thank you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home